BFA Assignment #1



Since I have been neglecting this blog, I will get you up to speed on my progress of my BFA senior seminar class. We were given the book, Water For Elephants, to read. Our goal was to use this book as a visual companion to our first project. The story in a nutshell revolves around the Benzini Brother Most Spectacular Show on Earth, a traveling circus during the great depression. Behind the wonderful facade of the circus, the story takes you on a journey that involves a love triangle, murder, and deception. A must read!

The class is separated into 4 groups: 3D Modeling, Animation, Story, and Visual Development. Since my focus this semester will be character design, I belong to the Visual Development crowd. Unfortunately, this also means that I am in the group with the biggest workload. My next post will be some first passes of a couple of the character designs. We were given a list of artist's styles to mimic, and I chose the style of Sean Galloway (gotcheeks.blogspot.com). A great artist with a nice clean drawing style rich with flowing lines and beautiful shapes. I will try my best to make my character designs even come close to his! I will post more as soon as I have them ready...peace!

0 comments: